Manchester is a vibrant city brimming with character and part of the so-called Northern Powerhouse. It is one of the UK’s major cities and also manchester is a great student city that has long been one of the UK’s favourite student cities as well. The city has got something for everyone, from shopping at the Trafford Centre to watching football at Old Trafford.
In Manchester, people are particularly proud of their reputation for being friendly, especially in comparison to their Southern brothers and sisters. It is quite a nice place to be an international student as it is the most linguistically diverse city in Western Europe, with more than 200 languages spoken in the city at any one time.
You can get to choose from a wide range of student room types as per your budget: student studio, student flat or en-suite rooms. Since not all students get to live in the on-campus student hall, many of them opt to live in private accommodations present in the city.
Things to do in Manchester Is A Great Student City
- You can visit various cultural sights which include the novelist Elizabeth Gaskell’s house. This restored building was once home to the famous author of North and South in 1850-65, during which she wrote most of her books.
- The city is popular for being one of the UK’s liveliest cities, from gourmet dinner and upmarket wine bar to traditional ‘real ale’ pub and a place to dance the night away. You can also enjoy many live events as almost all major bands come to this city. Also, Manchester is a great student city.
- Visit the Ellen road Cotton Mill, to get a sense of Manchester’s industrial past. This mill was built in the year 1892 and is now home to the largest surviving spinning mill steam engine, which can be seen in action on the first Sunday of every month.
- To have some fun time with friends or just want to enjoy the weather, head to the Queen’s Park in Heywood and if the weather is bad, take a stroll around Wythenshawe Park’s indoor gardens.
- Chinese food lovers will be quite happy to know that this city is an ideal location for Chinese cuisines. It has the third-largest Chinatown in Europe, so don’t forget to eat some authentic cuisine served in Yang Sing on Princess Street.
Student home to stay in Manchester
Vita Circle Square
This is a quality student housing offered by the Vita-Students network, that redefines student living in Manchester. The property features waterside living, scenic views, en-suite rooms with private terraces, cinema rooms, spacious social areas and plenty of events ranging from inspirational talks to stand-ups and vibrant parties. It will be one of the best times of your life while living here.
The property offers an ideal location for students who wish to live in a safe and peaceful environment at walking distance from both the University of Manchester and the Manchester Metropolitan. The student studio rooms offered by the accommodation are tastefully furnished in a contemporary style and come with their own smart TV, a study space, an en-suite bathroom and tons of storage area. So it is best to say that Manchester is a great student city.
Vita Student First Street
This student flat is highly ranked among the top luxurious student accommodations in the UK. It offers an unparalleled student accommodation experience for an ever-growing number of international students studying at the universities in Manchester. The apartment complex has around 279 fully furnished studios over 11 storeys. The entire building is laced with all the state-of-the-art technology and entertainment systems you can ever dream of.
Both the University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University is less than 20-minutes’ away from residence, thereby giving you ample time to reach the university for early morning lectures. There is a private fully-equipped kitchen where you can prepare your meals with ease and when you’re not in a mood to cook, order something from the plenty of restaurants located nearby.
As Manchester is a great student city, it is a great place to live with some reputed universities and good transport links connecting people to different parts of the country. The city is filled with life with so many things to do and visit. University Living, a tech-enabled student accommodation marketplace allows students to discover, compare, and book the best student home in more than 210 cities across the globe.