Are you planning to study in Australia? If yes, then you must also apply for the Visa Subclass 485 or visa 500 right now. Both the visas are designed for overseas learners and help you to complete your dream course from a reputed Australian college/university while staying in Australia. However, unlike the visa subclass 500, visa 485 allows you to study as well as work in Australia after your studies are completed. So, given below are some of the valuable advice for international students in Australia who want to pursue their career in Australia and complete a substantial study program from there.
Why opt for an international student in Australia visa?
No matter that whether you are applying for visa subclass 485 or 500, the Australian immigration department has specifically designed these visas for overseas candidates who dream to stay and complete a specific academic program from a reputed Australian institute. So, let’s get into the duration that is offered by each of these visa types. The visa subclass 485 includes two different types of streams i.e. the Graduate Work Stream as well as the Post-Study Work Stream. Both the visa streams allow you to stay in Australia temporarily to study, live and work in Australia.
On the contrary, the student visa subclass 500 allows you to stay in Australia for studying for the next 5 years. However, both visas allow you to bring your family members along with you. Some of the most important reasons for which you must apply for a student visa are:
- It allows staying international students in Australia legally to complete your concerned course of study in a successful manner.
- A student visa substantiates your authenticity as a learner at the college/university in Australia.
- Some Australian student visas allow you to work in Australia while you are studying over there. Say, for instance, visa 485 allows the applicant to work in Australia simultaneously while they are pursuing their course of study.
- An Australian student visa also allows you to travel to and from Australia a couple of times only for urgent purposes depending on the type of the visa
- If your course of study requires you to stay in Australia for a period more than the visa duration, then it can be extended via an online application process as well.
Apart from all these reasons, you should apply for a student visa to abide by the various rules and regulations about Australian laws while pursuing your course of study.
Eligibility Criteria of a Student Visa
So, as overseas or international students in Australia, you must also verify the concerned eligibility criteria of your student visa, whether it’s the visa subclass 485 or 500. So, without wasting any further time, let’s have a quick look at the eligibility criteria of both these visas.
For Visa 500:
- The applicant has to be at least 18 years to apply for this visa
- You should not have any of your previous visas canceled/refused
- If you owed any debt to the Australian government previously, you must have paid it back to them before applying for the visa subclass 500
- You must have signed the Australian values statement wherein you need to mention that you are 18 years old and not less than that
- The applicant needs to meet all the character requirements effectively
- The applicant needs to meet all the health requirements effectively
- The applicant needs to meet the English language requirements as well
- The applicant must also be the holder of substantial health insurance etc.
For Visa 485:
- International students in Australia must be under 50 years of age to apply for any of the streams of the visa 485
- You should not be the holder of a previous visa that has been canceled/refused
- You should not owe any sort of debt to the government of Australia and if there is any, you must have paid it back before applying for any of the streams of visa 485
- The applicant must also have signed the Australian values statement, stating there that he/she is 18 years or maybe older than that
- You must have met all the health requirements effectively
- You must have met all the character requirements effectively
- You must have qualified in the English language test effectively
- You must have met all the concerned study requirements to apply for this visa etc.
So, these were a few of the eligibility criteria which you will have to meet to apply for any of these visas, i.e. visa subclass 485 or 500.
Provision of sufficient funds
No matter which student visa category you are applying for, whether the Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 or visa subclass 500, you need to show certain necessary documents to the Department of Home Affairs of Australia which will prove that you are carrying enough monetary funds with you and you will able to meet all the necessary needs while studying any academic course in Australia.
Not only this, but you must also prove that you are financially capable enough to meet all the necessary needs in your daily living while staying international students in Australia. Remember, that unless and until you can prove reasonable financial solvency to the Department of Home Affairs of Australia, you won’t be able to apply for any of the visa categories mentioned above.
Always seek a professional assistance
When applying for a student visa, doing the same all alone is not an easy task and requires you to put in a great deal of time and money. Hence, you must get in touch with a professional migration agent in Perth to make the entire process easy and simple for you. A Perth-based migration agent has all the necessary skills required to simplify the application process of your student visa successfully. Your migration agent will give you the best suggestions and advice from time to time so that you can apply for any of these student visas quickly and efficiently.