Pedicure is an important part of personal hygiene and self-care. There’s no shame in taking care of your feet, but if you don’t have the time or money for professionals, there are some easy ways to make sure that your toes look well taken care of. With just a few minutes and these steps, you can have beautiful-looking toenails!
Types of Pedicure
There are several types discussed in this Vibrant Salon & Spa website, but we are going to discuss the most popular one.
This is a natural way to beautify your feet. It doesn’t involve any chemicals or products and can be done at home.
A Gel pedicure uses adhesive gel on the nails that cure under LED lights when dipped in water for about 30 seconds.
The French pedicure is a popular and classic way to get your nails done. It involves shaping the nail into an oval shape, buffing them with fine grits of sandpaper or pumice stone, and applying color from the front of the nail bed up to just past where you want your tips.
If you don’t have time to visit a nail salon or avoiding because of Covid-19, then no worry still, you can do DIY Pedicure at home with these simple steps.
Tools you will need for Pedicure
- A Few washcloths, a bowl for soaking your feet in warm water (or use the bath!), some towels to dry off with, and a glass of wine.
- Nail polish remover or acetone for a pedicure
- Walking foot file -if you have any callouses that need tending to
- Moisturizing Cream or Lotion
- Toe separators — these are optional, but they make it so much easier on yourself! They’re also helpful if you’ve got really long toes like mine because I can’t see them when I’m working one by myself!
Follow these seven steps to beautify your feet with DIY Pedicure
- Clean feet and dry thoroughly.
- Trim nails to the desired length using nail clippers or scissors (remember to always cut the nails in a straight line).
- Buff away any rough edges with sandpaper or an emery board. Your Pedicure must be neat!
- Apply moisturizer liberally to your feet and toes, focusing on areas that tend to crack like heels and between toes. You can also use Vaseline for this purpose which will help make polish stick better later if you do decide to paint them different colors, as well as giving extra moisture protection from chapping skin during winter months when it is cold outside.
- Polish may now be applied in two coats of color over each. But after applying the first coat, you need to wait for it to dry before applying the second.
- Apply a layer of base coat color on top, followed by your favorite clear polish or matte liquid protector (protects from chipping) in a pedicure.
- Finally, apply some kind of nail art for an extra special touch! You can draw with markers and/or use stickers as well.
Salon vs. DIY Pedicure
- A salon pedicure is performed by a trained professional who should know the best techniques for nails and feet.
- It typically lasts around 30 minutes to an hour, has relaxing music playing in the background, and can be done on any day of the week, where you have time off from work.
- If you are doing it at home, then it may take up more of your day than if you go to someone else’s place! You will need some kind of foot scrubbing device that works well, as well as products like Vaseline, which helps polish stick better, and moisturizer for dry skin during winter months.
These are some steps of pedicure that you can take at a home to beautify your feet.