How to Create and Extract RAR Files in Windows 10?
Similar to the ZIP file and any other compressed files, RAR files are also the compressed files developed by the WinRAR archive. However, as compared to others such as ZIP files, RAR files are on a higher level as these files offer a more effective cure for error recovery also. On the Windows operating system, RAR files are one of the most popular and most widely used types of files that have been compressed to save storage space or for easy email transfer.
Basically these files developed to download, store, and send large applications and files easily. However, not to forget that, these files need to be extracted and opening them on a Windows 10 desktop/tablet/ laptop can be a complex process as their format cannot be open by default in Windows 10.( Usb device not recognized windows 10).
That is why to help all the non-technical users about “how to create and extract RAR files in Windows 10,” we below mentioned everything related to it: So, keep reading to get yourself assisted in this matter:
Process to Create a RAR File in Windows 10 using WinRAR
In order to create a RAR file, one has to use third-party free compression software to create and extract all the files and folders inside a RAR file. So, download software from the below-mentioned list:
- WinRAR– archives in RAR or ZIP file formats and unpack various other archive file formats.
- PeaZip– supports both (old and new) formats of the RAR file.
- WinZip– creates archives in Zip file format and at the same time also unpack numerous other archive file formats.
- Extract Now– easily extracts the contents of various archive files.
- B1 Free Archiver– can quickly decompress at least 20 popular archive formats
- RARopener– opens famous and widely used archives like RAR, 7Z, ZIP, TAR, LZH, etc.
Other than these, there is also other third-party compression’s software that not only helps to extract files in Windows 10 but also from android devices as well. So, if you want you can even download software from this list also:
- Easy Unrar, Unzip & Zip
- B1 Free Archiver zip RAR unzip
- XZip – zip unzip unrar utility
- UnZip & Unrar – Zip file
- 7Zipper 2.0
- Zip, Unzip, UnRAR
However, you can use any of the software to create a .rar archive/file; but, WinRAR software has been considered as one of the best third-party programs for creating as well as extracting .rar archives. So, download the compatible version of WinRAR program/software into your Windows 10 operating system from its official site. And, now using this, let’s create a RAR File in Windows 10:
- Simply after the download process completed, and you’ve installed the WinRAR into the system, just click on the folder or file which you want to compress.
- After clicking right on that particular file or folder, select the ‘Add to archive’ option and click on it.
- Then, name the archive in order to locate it easily by its name later on. And, after that press the ‘OK’ button.
- That’s it! This way, you’ve created a .rar archive and this newly created RAR file will appear next to the folder/file that you have compressed.
Now, once you have created an archive, the time has come to start the
process to extract a RAR File in Windows 10
You may not believe but the fact is that extracting .rar files from an archive to Windows 10 operating system or for that matter to any other computer is as simple and easy as the process of creating a RAR file. So, without wasting any further second, let’s start the process of extracting a RAR file in Window 10 operating system.
To do so, all you need is to open the archive and just drag the files/folders that you want to extract from it to your computer folders such as:
- Open the newly created WinRAR archive from which you want to extract files.
- Then select the RAR files you want to extract to Windows 10 computer.
- And, after that just click on the ‘Extract to’ option.
- Lastly, click on the ‘OK’ button to finally extract the RAR files on Windows 10.
That’s all, this is how one can create, extract or open RAR files in Windows 10 operating system using third-party compressing software i.e., “WinRAR.” However, if you want you can download one more popular third-party compression software’s i.e., 7Zip in order to create and extract a RAR files easily on your Windows 10 system.
Write For Us (Write quality of content for us and we will publish it on Thenevadaview.com)