Get Ready to Pay More if Buying a New AC or Fridge this summer
You may have been hearing a lot about the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) these days. The virus has kept itself in the news even since its outbreak in December 2019 in China.
Even the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared it as a pandemic that has accounted for 4,000+ deaths, especially in China and Italy. More than 110 countries seem to be affected by it.
The outbreak is wreaking havoc on the economy, movie releases, talks of IPL being played in empty stadiums being called off and more.
COVID-19 outbreak may mean shelling out more on ACs, fridges and more
Coronavirus has also started to impact the costs of consumer durable appliances, and it has increased the prices by 5-10%. And it is what the Novel CoronaVirus Asia wide on the ground report suggests!
The report states that manufacturers are battling with the shortage of finished goods and components from China, the most impacted COVID-19 country. It is owing to the disruptions that consumer durables and electronics are facing.
With summer months approaching fast in India, the demand for a 5 Star rating AC, best Whirlpool refrigerators and among others’ are expected to go up. Hence, it may strain the prices of home appliances if the supply chain stays prolonged.
Another thing is that Indian electronics and other manufactures rely majorly on Chinese supplies. It is for LED chips, TV panels, refrigerators, ACs’ compressors and motors.
Disruption in the supply chain is another reason
The Indian brands have seen a disruption in their supply chain considering these health scars that we are currently going through. If the supply continues to be hampered, then the costs of products may even go beyond 5-10% increase and may pinch wallets.
Owing to curbs on travel to and from China, even workers are unable to join their factories after the Chinese New Year holiday period due to the outbreak.
If the situation does not improve, then markets like India will start seeing a rise in the price of common consumer durable goods like a 5 Star AC, fridge and more.
Hence, if you are looking to bring home the best Whirlpool refrigerator and a 5 Star AC to tackle the heat, then you may have to shell out more.
Are there affordable models available that you can buy in India?
You can consider buying the mentioned AC at affordable prices and even avoid spending more. The trick is to bring home your summer buys right away!
- Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Normal compressor
- Capacity – 190 L, best for couples and small families
- Wired shelves
- Built-in stabilizer
- 3 Star BEE Rating 2020 to help you save up to 35% on power bills
The cost of this one of the best Whirlpool refrigerators in India is around Rs.12,000.
- LG 265 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Smart inverter compressor
- Capacity – 265 L, suitable for couples and small families
- Toughened glass shelves
- Built-in stabilizer
- Frost free operation
- 3 Star BEE Rating 2020 to make up to 35% savings on energy bills
The price of this LG fridge in India is around Rs.25,000.
- Whirlpool 1 Ton 5 Star Split Inverter AC
- Capacity – 1 ton, suitable for a small room
- Power consumption – 920 W
- Copper condenser for lower maintenance and efficient cooling
- Auto restart mode
- Sleep mode
- 5 Star Rating to save up to 25% on electricity bills
The cost of this 5 Star rating AC in India is around Rs.30,000.
- Voltas 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Inverter AC
- Capacity – 1.5 ton, best for a medium to a large room
- Power consumption – 1355 W
- Copper condenser for powerful cooling without much maintenance issues
- Auto restart facility
- Sleep mode
- 5 Star Rating for power savings of up to 25%
You may bring this 5 Star rating AC in India at around Rs.39,000.
You can invest in these home appliances and save anywhere 5-10% on costs when compared to buying the same in May-June if the Coronavirus continues to hit us!