you're reading...

U.S.

Michele Bachmann’s Husband Running For President?

Michele Bachmann is running for president…or is she? According to legend (and this video below – the most painful and scary 2 minutes of your life, I assure you) she has expressly stated that she doesn’t make decisions for herself. Her husband, Marcus Bachmann, is responsible for that.

Michele Bachmann here in video says that her husband told her to go to a tax law school after attending “regular” law school (She attended Oral Roberts School of Law, a “Biblically-based” law school) .  Because the Lord said women should be submissive to their husbands (must be some quote from the Bible), she went to tax school even though that isn’t what she wanted.

By the way, Michele Bachmann also worked for the IRS after her legal training, which is about the most ironic twist of events imaginable for the likes of her.

In any event, this video just illustrates plainly how nutso to the extreme this lady is. Shockingly, she is actually leading in favorable polls in Iowa.

Taking all this ‘God speaks through my husband’ nonsense, it does beg the question who exactly is running for president, Michelle, her husband or perhaps God?  Since none of us can be sure it’s actually God doing the talking, let’s assume her husband’s voice.  That’s even scarier than Michele as president.  Take a look at Marcus Bachmann here.

I thought Nevada had it rough with Sharron Angle.  Though now I’m starting to wonder if Michelle Bachmann is actually more crazy, just more attractive and articulate than our own Sharron Angle.

It is ever so frustrating to see these fringe extremists taking over the modern GOP. These irrational ideologues are incapable of reasonable dialogue or of coming up with balanced practical solutions to our problems.

I don’t care if you are a Christian. Don’t think this has anything to do with that. I know plenty of Christians who don’t believe God tells them what color underwear to put on in the morning, or that blood transfusions are evil…know what I mean? If they did feel that God inspired them to run for office, they’d probably hold that special sacred faith inside themselves, and wouldn’t absolve themselves of responsibility for their own decisions.

One thing’s for sure: The Bible is not an authority on pubic policy, something Michele Bachmann would wholeheartedly disagree with.  Scary…very scary.

About Justin McAffee:
Justin is the publisher The Nevada View, which has earned the recognition in the Washington Post’s “Best State-Based Political Blogs,” as well as being awarded the “Most Valuable Blogger Award” by the local CBS affiliate in 2011. Follow him on Twitter @McAffee

Discussion

7 Responses to “Michele Bachmann’s Husband Running For President?”

1. I like the way this Shirley Jencks thinks

Posted by Sp33dy | May 4, 2012, 9:09 pm
  2. Of coarse she brags about it. That’s how you give thanks to the one who blessed your life. As ” Christians” we give thanks for what we have in our lives. It has nothing to do with shoving our religious view down anyone’s throats. Those who get offended, well what can we do. Everyone as an individual has a right to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. I agree with some of her views and that she is thanking her God for blessing her life. Now to be able to stand up for what you proudly believe in and be ridiculed by our society is something that I can say over half the US is too afraid to do. No I have homosexual friends and family. Assuming that I’m being judgemental is being judgemental. I believe in submitting to your husband. I believe in my God and I will share openly what he has done for me and my family. Now will I expect people to change their ways and tell them they are bad people because they choose to lie a life I don’t agree with, NO! It’s your own choice. As well as it is to get offended by my belief and the belief of a strong woman like Michelle. So don’t be too quick to judge an ” extremist” like me. Extremist ( lol) that makes me laugh.

Posted by Shirley | May 4, 2012, 9:03 pm
  3. Jesus and the Holy Ghost told me – be scared of extremists like Michelle Bachmann and Shirley Jencks. :0)

I’ll ask Him again tonight . . . but I’m pretty sure He only loves OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! I love Obama for living a life of charity and service and love like Jesus would do. I fully believe that God holds OBAMA in his hands and protects him from selfish racists.

I probably don’t even need to ask do I – I can just pick the guy who acts like a good Christlike person right. That is OBAMA!

And that my friends . . . is why religion should not be too involved in this process . . . your fake Jesus and my real Jesus are saying different things.

Posted by Angie Sullivan | August 21, 2011, 9:47 pm
  4. Obife me! Not Christian, “Christain.” Good God. If He really loved these folks, he would teach them to spell and use English grammar.

Posted by Launce | August 21, 2011, 5:37 pm
  5. It is not to taken lightly the mockery on Jesus our Lord and savior. It is not a voice she is hearing in her head or her Husband”s head. This is what you call the Holy Soirit moving you in a way the Lord sees fit. This is her profecy from the Lord taking place. She is only serving her Lord as she would her People. So as a Christain woman I myself follow her as she follows the Lord. As to being submissive, its not woman do this, so that. Its a respect that a woman gives to Her Husband and Her Husband gives to Her. ! Corinthians 11: 2-16. The heas of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. So while mocking her saying that she is unfit to searve because public want to put in its worldly veiws on schiztophrinia is blasphemy. She is not saying she is hearing vioces. She is following her Lord as instructed. Just like we obife by our laws.Oh but wait are those just from voices in our heads well then why follow them. Which all our laws derived from, the 10 commandments. I vote Michele Bachmann to be our next President 100%.

Posted by Shirley Jencks | August 21, 2011, 9:49 am
    • Listen up Shirly, nobody is making a mockery of Jesus. We are mocking a lady who thinks that her husband’s wish that she go to law school equates to the will of God, and then brags about it in public.

This is America. We are a secular society. We don’t have to believe what you believe, and we don’t want it crammed down our throats by zealots like Michelle Bachmann.

And if you want to talk about mockery of Jesus, how about the venom from folks like Bachmann towards the gay community? So-called “Christians” in this country who are the loudest about it often have more hate for their fellow man than any other group.

Don’t come in here with your judgmental voice and preach about blasphemy. Remove the beam from your own eye.

Posted by Justin McAffee | August 21, 2011, 1:01 pm
  6. All hail to Astroturf TeaBparty Queen (ATQ), Michele Bachmann. Isn’t she the one that who rails against the Federal Government while every year she benefits from farm subsidies and adopts kids to work them on same farm. Oh yeah she is also a self-proclaimed historian on the US Founding Fathers and US history. The sad truth she will lie to get her way, what honor is there in that? But if you manipulate our US history and double down when you are found out, well don’t go crying to Fake News when you lose. Kind of like the Former half-term Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the “Bitter Quitter” (Most recent quitter of her Bus Tour to restore America). We remember what happen when after “W” manipulate Florida (w/ the help of brother Jebb) to win the presidency and his failure to win any of the two wars he started that devastated our treasury and ruined our economy for the next 50 years. If the GOP thinks that Michele Bachmann is the answer, good luck with that. After her “John Wayne” mishap and Tom Petty, calling her a thief, well you know, same old Bachmann, you have a winner GOP.

Posted by Montana | June 28, 2011, 6:56 pm